Daisies

Daisies

Friday, January 13, 2012

Color My World Calypso

Today I will post pictures of our living room. Before I do however I would like to describe a bit about how we came to purchase this home. 

The house was built in 1955. It was purchased by my neighbors (Linda is an interior designer) in 1994 and they essentially gutted and redesigned it. They were very committed to this project so they could save their own property value since this house  was in such poor condition. 
Due to a job opportunity requiring us to move to this new community in 1995, our family needed to find house quickly. This house was perfect because it was ready to move in and we loved the relaxed cottage look. It's hard to believe we have lived here going on 17 years.Since then we added on a family room in 2004. We looked at other properties but nothing really compared to the qualities we have in this home.  


Welcome to our living room!
The pictures I will show you today are from last fall when we did a makeover to the recover the couches, chairs, and refurbished a table I bought at a yard sale for $10.00. Previously the living room was mainly beige and cream and a soft green. We used those neutral colors since 1995 when we moved to our current house. I loved that color palette very much and was set order the same fabric to reupholster the worn out fabric when Linda showed me this watermelon red fabric called Calypso from Maine Cottage. It must have been one of those days when I had too many hot flashes because I didn't hesitate and said " lets do it."
 Most of the fabrics you will see are from Maine Cottage however all of them were on special at a very low price (or else I would not have them). The small pillow with apples is made from a vintage table runner. All the accessories are from yard sales, thrift stores and a few cute local antique shops. The lamp and pictures came from Linda's shop. I have had the lamp since 1995.The picture frames were whitewashed and  Linda took colored pencil to deepen the color of the clothes in print to better " pop" with color to match the couch. ( Genius don't you think?)

Surprisingly my husband didn't fuss a bit about the color but the boys questioned why we bought a" pink couch." 
I will tell you the room is mood altering. It is the happiest place to be and brings so much light into our home. When you live in Ohio with dreary days it makes you smile when you come home from work at the end of the day. The picture quality is not what I would like it to be. We were having trouble with the camera that day. I even tried to correct them in Picnik and they still were a bit fuzzy.Linda and I will work on more photos.




























Thanks for stopping by today !  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.